The following artist grants can be applied for from Arts Council Norway:
Applicants must primarily reside and work in Norway. Applicants must be active professional artists and must have published, exhibited or shown their work in a public context.
- Work grant: 1-5 years
- Work grant for younger and newly established artists: 1-3 years
- Miscellaneous grant: Lump sum for artistic activity
- Miscellaneous grant for recently graduated artists: Lump sum for establishing artistic activity
- Grant for established artists: 10 years (or until recipient reaches 67 years)
- Grant for senior artists: 10 years (or until recipient reaches 67 years)
The closing data for applications is usually in the middle of October.
The Committee for Government Grants for Artists, 5 members appointed by the Ministry of Culture, make the final decision on allocation of grants. 24 selection commitees, with 123 member appointed by artists' organizations, evaluate the applications. Head of the committee is Alfhild Skaardal.
For more information: http://www.kulturradet.no/sks/alle-stipendene