The Audio and Visual Fund – Fond for lyd og bilde
The Audio and Visual Fund administers funds to promote and disseminate recorded sound and film. The funds are distributed in the best interest of rights holders and as a compensation for the legal reproduction of works within the music, stage, visual arts and film sectors.
The board of the Audio and Visual Fund is responsible for the final allocation of funds. The board consists of seven members, appointed by the Ministry of Culture every third year. Head of the board 2021-2023 is Susanne Næss Nielsen.
Six expert committees, with 44 members proposed by the artist organisations and appointed by the board, evaluate the applications. Arts Council Norway functions as the secretariat for The Audio and Visual Fund.
Professional artists, performers and production companies can apply. The applicant must have a residence in Norway and the central part of their professional artistic activity in Norway. The application forms are in Norwegian.
You can apply for financial support from the following funding schemes:
- Project funding for recordings, compositions, tours, performances, photography, digital art, short films, documentaries and manuscripts
- Marketing of new documentaries and short films
- Marketing of new music releases
- Resumption of stage performances
- Norwegian music in audio-visual productions